Hey there! I have a little tutorial today showing how to create Party Straw tags using a couple stamps by Hero Arts, and the Envelope Notcher by We R memory Keepers….
The stamping part was very easy. I stamped a cute woodblock stamp called Baby Elephant over a white 1.75″ scalloped circle. I used ink and card stock colors that match the colors of the straws. I also stamped a sentiment that is included in a cute clear set called Little Ones.
The fun part of this project is making the back of the tags. The back is the part that is going to keep the straw in place. So I took some pictures of the process. Not difficult at all, but is more easy to explain if you can see 🙂
1) I started by making the notches on a piece of white card stock rectangle measuring 2.5″ on its short side (the long side can be 3″ or more) . The Envelope Notcher has a magnetic system, which allows you to create perfectly aligned notches. It has two parts (base and notcher)that can easily be set apart or set together.
2) Align the upper left corner of the cardstcok with the silver rectangle.
3) Place the notcher on top of the card stock… The magnets will help to do this part 😉
4) Press hard the button , and remove the notcher.
5) Flip the paper over and align again the upper left corner of the cardstcok with the silver rectangle.
6) Place the notcher, press button and remove it.
7 & 8) Using a 2″ circle punch, make the notched rectangle into a circle. The long side of the rectangle gives you enough space to hold the card stock in place when you are centering the circle.
Once you have the back of your tag, you can layer and glue the rest as follows…
Once you the tags are all done, you can now slide the straw in the back of the tag…
This is a very easy idea that you can use for any themed party 🙂
You can try other sizes, images, or colors 🙂 The tags below are smaller and I used stamp images from a pretty set called Kelly’s Oh Baby 🙂
That’s all from me for today, I will be back soon to share another project.
Thanks for stopping by!