Hey… really quick today to share how I created a pocket to hold a gift card… like this card from last week…
1. Make a 4.25″ x 11″ rectangle from cardstock (Letter size). Then, trim the long side to measure 8.5″
You will end up with two pieces. The big one (4.25″ x 8.5″) is the card, and the small piece (4.25″ x 2.5″) is the pocket.
2. Score in half the big piece to create a square card (4.25″x4.25″).
3. Score three sides of the small piece (1/4″ from edge). Next, you are going to stamp images if you want.
4. Once you are done with the stamping part, you can add a double sided tape along the three scored edges. Tape most measure 1/4″ width. (Note: The tape is on the same side of the stamped the images).
5. Trim corners with scissors.
5. Fold 3 sides and adhere to card front. Now you can add the final touches to your card.
For my card, I used a piece of metallic paper to hold the gift card… this one, I adhered it with removable glue dots.
This is very easy to make, and with a single piece of cardstock you can make two cards without wasting any of your cardstock🙂
Thanks for stopping by, I’ll be back tomorrow with an Embellish card!