Hi there! Today I have a Hero Arts card and a tutorial showing you the pleated ribbon technique I learned at Archivers a few weeks ago. For this card, I created a very simple design using an October Afternoon patterned paper for the background (Very Merry-Sing the Carols). I added a sentiment from Sending Holiday Cheer stamp set, and I also used a Baby Reindeer woodblock stamp as the focal point. The pleated ribbon and pearls complemented my card…
1. To create the pleated ribbon, you are going to need tape runner adhesive, ribbon (of course) and a stapler. I used the new Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher Tool that now is one of my favorites toys. (You can find this tool in the most popular craft stores).
2. Apply adhesive along the card stock where you plan to add your ribbon. Mine is in the bottom part of the patterned paper that I used.
3. Place the end of the ribbon on the side where you want to start your pleats. Place about half an inch of ribbon.
4. Fold the ribbon back, holding it with your fingers.
5. Using your Tiny Attacher or stapler, staple the ribbon. This will secure the pleat on place.
6. Now, you make a loop with the ribbon and place it again over the adhesive (about half an inch).
7. Repeat from step number 4, two more times…
…And presto :) Now you have a pleated ribbon that won’t fall apart.
Thanks for stopping by and thank you so much for your comments :D